CIBER-BBN is seeking a Postdoctoral researcher in tissue engineering to join the laboratory of Angel Raya
The position is based at IDIBELL, a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB) and the Viladecans Hospital (HV), located in south Barcelona.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona HUBc and part of the CERCA institution of the Generalitat of Catalonia. In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Carlos III Institute of Health. More recently, the European Commission has recognized IDIBELL with the HRS4R logo (Excellence in Human Resources in Research), which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
The successful candidate will join the group of Prof. Angel Raya. Research in Raya’s group aims at understanding the tissue, cellular and molecular mechanisms that determine the regenerative response, as well as the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms that control cellular reprogramming. The candidate will develop and test tissue-engineering strategies for promoting the maturation of human PSC-derived cardiomyocytes and neurons.
- Education: PhD in Health Sciences: Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, etc.
- Experience: Previous laboratory experience in developmental biology of the nervous and/or cardiac system and in culture of hES/iPS cells and their neural and / or cardiac differentiation
- Languages: Good communication and English language skills
- Soft skills: project planning, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
We will value
- Previous experience in basic and advanced molecular biology techniques (OMICS) and in the handling of laboratory animals will also be valued.
- Candidates with proven experience in related topics will also be considered.
- Type of contract (if temporary, please indicate duration): Postdoctoral contract “Ley de la Ciencia”, 1 year up to 5 years
- Workday (full-time, part-time… indicate hours per week): full-time
- Working hours (ex.; Monday to Friday, from 9h to 18h): 37,5 hr weekly
- Professional Category : Postdoctoral researcher
- Salary: 32.361,40 €
- Job location: Regenerative Medicine Area, IDIBELL
Candidates must submit their applications through the CIBER-BBN website: https://www.ciberisciii.es/en/careers/tender-details?id=2120
- Curriculum Vitae
- Social security number
- Cover Letter